Friday, May 09, 2008

Randomness

It's finally spring. The sun was actually shining on my birthday yesterday, and it was warm and not windy and perfect. I just have a few things I want to mention.

-I had the best supper ever a few days ago. I made homemade hummus, spread it on warm wedges of pita bread, and used it as a dip for fresh cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers and red peppers. Oh Emm Gee. Definitely will be a staple for this summer.

-Grace has a fever today and I am secretly relieved that I get to be home today and get some laundry done, do some needed stuff on the computer and watch those TV shows from last night I haven't had time to watch.

-My husband agreed to buying me another tattoo for my mother's day/birthday. He bought me an under-the-counter radio/CD player for the kitchen so I can listen to my music while I am cooking.

-Garrett made me a card that says "Mom Rocks!" How awesome is that?

-I have actually been participating in some physical activity that doesn't involve cleaning my house. I may actually get into shape and feel great this summer.

-There are only 14 days of school left, and thus only 14 days of work. Woo-hoo!

-I said good-bye to another dying relative last weekend. My great-aunt Marie was 94, and she decided enough was enough and she didn't want any more medication or treatments for her ailments. She passed away on Wednesday morning. I am missing her funeral right now as I type.
-Garage sales in town this weekend, then more in the area next weekend. Going to go crazy looking for clothes for Grace, and books and junk for myself.

-My sister Mikel took home a puppy last night and my parents are going to kill her. I may never see her again.

-John just brought me a gift card for Barnes and Noble and one for Caribou Coffee. He knows what I like! Thanks Dad, you're the best! See you in a couple of weeks! :)

-I think I'll make curry tonight...

No comments: